Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chateau Marmont

Stephen Dorff in New York do not care in the winter. He wakes up, he says, he can deal with this situation. Dorff was in Manhattan last week written to promote his latest film "Somewhere" was and Sofia Coppola and shot in just eight weeks. The film, live with the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival 2010, Johnny Dorff as Marco, a movie star to indifference at the Chateau Marmont, to his daughter 11 years old, Cleo won, played by Elle Fanning paid a surprise visit.
Speakeasy sat down with a casual partner, but deliberately dressed Dorff two glasses of mineral water plan per se. Although brushing and fingering crumbs on the tablecloth, Dorff said about the current state of Hollywood gossip from their morning chats with the director and his dislike of "Cutty" films.
The Wall Street Journal: To play the role of Johnny Marco, locate your friends or colleagues to experience emotions of winning?
Stephen Dorff: Not really. Part of the character in me, as others, but I tried to leave Stephen in the door. When I enrolled as Johnny Marco Hotel, Sofia, I lived there during the shooting. I asked all these questions in preparation, but they wanted this way we are to find a back story interview. Probably occurs very rapidly in the last two years, he was extremely famous, was on the front pages of action films and do not think he is very happy with what I was plastered. At one point, when we lost and found is a broken man with almost anything and is not happy, but still looks like a sweet guy Underneath It All. It is always very generous with people, hotel staff, which will be there for Cleo, but it is in the mist.
This film has a lot of topics, including Hollywood, both in the elastic space and culture around the fame, fatherhood ... For you, what is this film?
This is the story of a teenage parent to be a man, I think that's what makes the movie. Beyond all the hype in Hollywood, are the decline in all the important scenes are, in the heart of the film is that the paternity, so I think a film is universal, even for someone who does not know what Chateau Marmont. Or someone who does not know what it is, a movie star, the tons of girls meant to be thrown into it, it is not at all. You could a man from Wall Street, the owner of the restaurant, you can win the lottery, if you get something wrong in a place where you can solve the problem, or you are in a bad spot, go to crumble. I think that is what this beautiful girl for me, wakes up.
For the duration of the movie that lived at the Chateau Marmont. How do the people like Stephen and how they live there like Johnny?
It was great. Sofia is so smart. I knew that life there are things that happen to me and Stephen, it is probable that he was Johnny a beer or burger. Then all the little things well, I did some testing on some dry things. In the morning, Sophie would say, "gossip last night?" She had a house near the castle, they did not stay because he had a house nearby, and she just needs more space. Then the hotel was to prepare us for the night, when shots were fired.
I suspect you will find some famous people in the elevator?
Yes One night I had a drill in the scene of the elevator. I stayed in an elevator with the French actor Olivier Martinez. I have never met, but a little to know a little about me, I recognized him and the elevator was not something works perfectly, so I found myself thinking that everyone knew what to do and Sophia was like, "he said ? "Ask me what room was and he said" what place? "And he was like" I'm 69, "and I thought," Oh cool, I stayed in this room again. "And he's like" I was 59 and we were talking about the room and it was strange and Sophia was like "ohh, I like it." And so when Benicio [Toro] and was trying different things this end, he said ". Oh, I met Bono in this room," I love how Bono called Bo-No.
Do you think that Coppola includes parts of childhood in the film?
Not much. I have heard more about it in interviews, if they only explained that when writing something, you know, it is his second screenplay, he said he put a lot of himself in Cleo and Johnny. From it, you just finished, but I did not autobiographical, it's not the kind of person. But it is not known of worlds, explaining that lives while in Paris, was a kind of nostalgia for Los Angeles and his friends come to write it bring tabloid Los Angeles and she began by Hollywood stereotyping for men, has everything and wants all women, but on the other hand, it is perhaps there are good people who are lost in them. And then, the only couple, a young father, I've never seen the movies, someone my age with a young man who is more demanding than the father and all these things happened in this incredibly complex simple picture there is not much of a plot. She has a very daring film, I've never seen a movie like this, especially in Hollywood.
What do you think of the film?
Like, I like his sense of rhythm. The very first shot that was a ballsy choice, she said, she is not a movie to see Cutty we are used you will know my child will be a fly on the wall of this very invasive. You are in the room with him, you're in bed with him and I think an audience that refreshing to stop something. I never thought this movie was slow when I'm bored, even when lost in a plane, only that the film is poetic and beautiful. Even in the scene where the mask on my face is slowly zoom, while the public begins to breathe with me what happened in Venice, 700 Italians were breathing goes out with me after the shot and long, when it works. The films are not currently get to Cutty to know the characters do not spend less time with them. It is the opposite, so it is good that he went to the other end, I think that makes it even more special.
What is your next?
I had a great 3D movie with this man, Tarsem [Singh] with Freida Pinto and Mickey Rourke, next year 11/11/1911, known as "The Immortals" is a great show 100 million dollars to a very different "somewhere."
Did you know that "somewhere?" Simultaneously with the film
No, what happened later. He was one of those who said yes, because I am polite, say "no" many, I do not play the bad guys I play with people who did care for human affairs, I want to play characters richer. I waited a bit and I think the course of business is difficult because there are fewer films that are interesting, so we all the same parties. I guess you can count on the heads of both hands, that Final Cut and the crème de la crème.
What are Administrators?
I pout right, Quentin Tarantino and Sofia and the Coen brothers and Paul Thomas Anderson and the boys without the condition of the film industry, is rather frightening, because the administrators of these newcomers movies teeny bit or its consequences in all the bad movie comics. Not much to choose from. So maybe I'll end up on the stage. Everyone tells me to do the theater, but making movies is always my biggest dream. Sofia makes everyone realize that I'm a nice guy in my knowledge and madness.
This film is an ode to the Chateau Marmont that Coppola has him unparalleled access to the hotel. Do you think the hotel was a different character?
Absolutely. Sophia also says producers asked him if he had a backup plan if the Castillo said no, and he was like "no, not a movie, if not Castle" and it is true. It was not a film it if you could not, the hotel is based in Italy. He stayed in that room once, and he had never seen anything like it in the pool and wanted to show how people live and how it could be next. But I think this story could have taken in any hotel, but in Chateau is great background for my character and why he lived there for a year and half.
What are your thoughts on the end of "somewhere?" It seems cheesy or unrealistic?
No, I like the end. Some people were against it. As there is no end, the end of the film, he goes in a straight line is a metaphor for what goes on the premise of the film, aimless driving a race track. There was no doubt in my mind, is the cutoff point that I think, brilliant, in which the courts and the song is and I think it made me shudder. It reminded me of the end of "The Graduate," someone who looks in the camera at the back of the bus. I think it's your first, very, very clear. It is not, "why do not leave your car at the roadside?" This is not your car, your car is stolen safe. There is no doubt in my mind. There will be a father for the first time on the field, it will be a grandfather, that what I think you will buy a house or build a room or as ice skating, because you have money for Cleo, if you ever feeling of being in a dangerous place, not knowing where mum and dad, and when he films that will make a better offer returned. This is the end is open, no Sofia wrap carefully. That's what Hollywood does.
Is it more fun, the villain or the tormented actor in Hollywood to play?
Sometimes the bad guy, the remarkable role in a movie. The past has very Javier Bardem was naughty in "No Country [for ex]." If I had a character that I think could happen it's hard, but just the guy who robs or steals the diamond to play family gets is simply annoying and Hollywood would never beyond. People want to play. I will not play cartoons like paychecks films. I will keep the bar high. Hopefully, through this film, the filmmakers come up to me and I have to make the big newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment