Thursday, December 30, 2010

Earthquakes Today

Jesssica Horoho wrote. "I live and work in the south-east of Kokomo, I came just at work and was on the phone with my mother, on the northwest side of Kokomo, though the building and shook rumbled told my mother lives. I had someone our house made. She said she must have struck home, too. "

Linda McCormick Noblesville wrote: .. "I felt two tremors, the first was small and I thought it was the dog jumps the couch Almost immediately, the second followed and at first I thought a tree fell on our house because the noise seemed from our roof and the house are really shocked . After looking outside and see no evil, I called Martin-Marietta, explosion in the region. The lady I spoke to told me they do not, and that her husband was in Arcadia. "
Chuck Plumb Berlin Heights, Ohio, southeast of Sandusky, writes: "My wife and I were in bed, ready to get up, when we earthquakes Our house was built in 1860 and is governed by our balloon room feel .. the second floor. Whenever an earthquake rocks the house enough to notice. I would say that lasted 7 or 8 seconds. He started as a shock large enough, then bit diminshed then again by a few seconds, then left strengthened. We felt more earthquakes in recent years. The last was a few years ago with the epicenter in Mentor, Ohio. "
Kevin J. Brewer, an engineer from Roche Diagnostics in Indianapolis Northeast Side wrote: Here in Building D Roche (near 96th Street and Hague Road and I-69), the thought is currently being renovated and I have, first, that the construction workers had a very large object deleted. But if the wave for about 3 seconds after the shot was, I knew what had happened, like an earthquake or a ruptured gas line. "
Romero Huff, a case manager in a business center in Indianapolis, wrote: "We live in the fishing and I was getting ready for work when I discovered that the change in the wardrobe of the room rattle Early I thought it was thunder, low noise, and there was. It strongly minutes rained before the earthquake. Then for a brief moment I thought it was our dog, for if it jumps out of bed at high speed, sometimes packed a few things in the nightstand. I looked and It was quiet in his bed. "
Robert Butz in Midway, Georgia, about 25 miles southwest of Columbus, Ohio, wrote: .. "I was in the attic of the house working on the computer when the table started shaking in the earthquake lasted about 5 seconds, when I have my wife, who was told on the ground floor, it had 'absolutely no sense.
Brandee Gordon, 31, the opening of his company about 40 miles north of Indianapolis was in Elwood, wrote: "I live across the tracks and thought that the train derailed, it was hard to shake for a few seconds, a loud explosion.."
In the western suburbs of Chicago in Oak Lawn, Illinois, wrote Judith Esparza, "I woke up on her. I shook my bed. I felt the movement of about 3 seconds and I heard my room furniture shaking!"
Robert Burke Marion wrote. "We had up to his return to Tampa, Florida, September 1 for the first time I thought it was moved down the probe, but it was very different was A Sound of Thunder for about 10 seconds, loud explosion, then the walls were shaking for 10 seconds. It was crazy. Years ago we lived in Evansville (and) 1970, once the area was an earthquake in the New Madrid fault, but it was much larger. fail to understand the boom! "
Tami Cox was at work in downtown Cincinnati. "I felt the building shake and heard the rattling window. He writes: "I / felt sounded like a passing train (even though no trains) I remained until it's stop (it took less than 10 seconds) and immediately began to ask others whether to feel it No one felt.. But me, I had to investigate. I'm glad I can, I say, my family and colleagues that I am not crazy. "
Todd Fox, who lives near Hamilton Fischer Town Center Mall in Indianapolis, said: "I am his contemporary from work and sleep this morning when I woke up in the earthquake, I support a platform on the wall my room, I do. I lay still and the house shook enough to beat against the wall and woke me up. "

 
"At about 8 clock this morning I have the floor of the house was a movement, and my stereo speakers (which are in the stands) started swinging," said Derek Maddox of Dayton, Ohio. "We live on the 15th floor of a skyscraper. The vibration lasted only a few seconds and it was a bit of a shock. The windows creak a little, but does not seem normal wind noise. I went from earthquakes for two or three (Memphis, St . Louis, New Madrid fault), and he felt the same way. "
Anne Emison Wishard, who said life on West 56th Street on the north side of Indianapolis, he was "over the waves through the house. I thought maybe was a big tree."

 
"I put in my living room in the south of Fort Wayne, when he felt as if someone hits the back of my couch where my rattle the windows and ceiling fan began to swing began," wrote Ron Ramer, Fort Wayne. "I was not really sure what was happening until it's over and then my wife called me and said," do you feel? "She thought he was crazy."
Mike Payne, Carmen, wrote: "I'm still in bed when the head of the bed started shaking and I was afraid it would wake my wife Fortunately, she did not wake up.."
Sue McLennon, Caramel, said: "I felt it while drinking my coffee and read the newspaper in Caramel At first I was not sure what it was, but immediately suspected earthquake with summer in the great Alaska earthquake in 1964, 9.2. feeling was registered the same .. meaning of vibration and noise, the slight rattle and reign of the house so scary that I am glad it was not serious!.
Dawn Marie said Bennett.. "I wanted my bag to go home to work and the house started shaking I heard the clattering house almost seems a really bad storm if it relates to home, again and again, my husband. was gone and asked him what was that? he said the hood of his truck struck. I said no, it was not the closing bell! "
She added: "I work as an insurance agent in Marion, so I'm sure you many calls regarding the coverage of the earthquakes."
Shirley Locker in downtown Dayton, Ohio, was in the Reibold building. "I felt like something was shoved to the ground, trembling."
Margie Long of Mason, Ohio, said he was on the third floor of an office building. "At first I thought it was just the wind, but when the ground trembled and shook things, I even heard a thud."

 
LaSpesa Barbara, who lives near Chicago O'Hare Airport in Des Plaines, Illinois, wrote in an e-mail, my bed was shaking back and forth for a few seconds on this morning. Before that I lived in San Francisco in late 1960 and has experienced the same type of quake. While in bed, I said, "This is an earthquake," but how can that be?
Sauce Gabrielle, the co-owner of an advertising agency marketing firm / in Noblesville, said he had to work while sitting on your sofa when "to shake the house and began to vibrate. It was probably 5 to 7 seconds."
Fritz Wurster, 12, slept on the top bed of a bunk on the stairs began to tremble. "I thought my friend was jumping on him trying to wake me, but then I realized I had a friend," he wrote in an e-mail. "I fell asleep again, and about 10 minutes later my sister ran into my room and said," Have you felt the quake "
Dory Brooker paralegal at a law firm in Clearwater North East Side near intersections, said the quake felt like a truck run over the building. "Very fast, very remarkable," he wrote in an e-mail
In the Far North Side of Indianapolis, Manager Rhonda Curtis on electronics and home appliance retailer hhgregg 96th Street, also believed that something had hit the building. "Even if people look outside to see if he could see nothing," he wrote in an e-mail.

 
Roberta secondary claims, which lives on the coast southwest of Marion said, about 50 miles north of Indianapolis, a car he believed the house had lost. "The cat was terrified."
In Dayton, Ohio, Ashley Herman felt the earthquake in the 18th Floor of a skyscraper.


"Everything shook in my desk," he wrote in an e-mail. "At first I thought I was in my head."
"I felt it here in Fremont, Indiana, an hour north of Fort Wayne, Lake in the snow," said Kara Gongwer by e-mail. "I was on the sofa and began to tremble. I saw a plant in a pot and sat trembling, too!"
About 70 miles north of Indianapolis, Judy Oakerson felt the tremor in his house in the town of Parker.


"I was working at my desk at home and my dog began to whine, it's only a matter of seconds later, began to shake the pictures on the wall and I could feel the vibrations in the ground," he wrote in e-mail. "I was pleased, a new online confirmation that it was an earthquake to see."
Allison Pareis, Muncie, writes: "For me it was a different experience of the earthquake a few years ago (I think, because this time we are in the vicinity) seemed to last for 5-10 seconds and is extremely loud .. It sounded like thunder . The earthquake a few years ago it was quite different. It felt like a rocking motion and calm, when she was a brute shaking with sound. "
Ball State University journalism instructor John Strauss, who lives near Castleton in the North East Side, said he had just woken up when he felt "the tremors.


"I introduced myself feeling, perhaps a couple of times I can remember. It took about 5 seconds. People say things stirring in my bedside table. It was this anxiety for a second, if you are not sure what happens. Definitely a strange feeling, because we are so used to them. "
David Harrison wrote: ". I was in Monroe, Michigan, 29 miles north of Cincinnati enough to wake my wife, but our daughter 20 months, he fell asleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment