Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ted Williams Golden Voice

Ted Williams, the homeless man with a golden radio voice who has become an overnight sensation, is ready to reunite with his 92-year-old mother.

After an amazing discovery by a local journalist, the recovering homeless addict with a distinguished radio voice has already gotten job offers from around the world, including one from the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

On his reunion with his mother, he said:  “I apologize. I’m getting a little emotional. I haven’t seen my mom in a great deal of time.”

“One of my biggest prayers that I sent out was that she would live long enough for me to see me rebound or whatever, and I guess God kept her around and kept my pipes around to maybe just have one more shot,” he said.

Williams was married to Patricia Kirtley, with whom he has five children.  She called his mother, Julia Williams, who still lives in the East Flatbush apartment where she raised her kids – to explain her son’s sudden success.

“She didn’t believe it until I called her. She is so overwhelmed,” said Kirtley, 58. “I think she does not want him to mess it up. She said this is an opportunity and a second chance.”

When Williams sees her son, she wants to relay a simple message  to him: “Please get God in your life and what’s right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment