Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas
Actor Michael Douglas says he has survived throat cancer.

"I think it is likely that the tumor is gone, and what I know about this particular type of cancer I had to overcome," said Matt Lauer of "Today" transmitted in an interview on NBC was on Tuesday.

"I maintain must visit once a month. I guess there is no euphoria. Probably take me a few months to get checked. However, it's a wild ride of six months, said Douglas experienced in his first television interview since these have cancer treatment.

The experience made him an appreciation over time, "he said.
"He put a calendar in my life," he said. "I'm 66 years, now you know. I'm happy that I have a mother who are 88 -. What will kill me - You Missing Verb 87, 94 So be my father, you know. I feel good about Gene .. But it certainly is a third act and what is a little more about their time as you decide not to go. "

Radiotherapy has closed its salivary ducts, at least for a year or two, and dry mouth effect on sleep, "he said. Lost 32 pounds during the ordeal, it recovered 12 to" how to eat a pig, "he said with a smile.

"I have a 20 to go to 25," he said to her normal weight back. It has a gym, but avoids heart because he wants to gain muscle mass, "he said.

The tabloids and the paparazzi have pictures of a skinny Douglas, as he was treated booked, and Douglas said he did not want on the cover. It seemed, had friends, and she called to see how he was, he said.
"They said, 'Are you sure you're okay?" "Said Douglas." Finally came my father, Kirk, to New York. ... He returned in 10 days and went home every day to me, because I think some of these pictures, and you know, who knows if they will be retouched, "said Douglas.

"I was thin, he said." I believe that this very question. And yes, it was fun.

Not yet. They (the photographers) every day. "

Timelines in the tabloid press, "their appearance during cancer treatment is" bleak, "he said.

"I think the curiosity of them has received much coverage - followed by a kind and there are so many outlets these days. I mean. I'm sorry to say for all these kids want the generations, with the amount of the paparazzi .. . They have cameras and video - you know you can do anything, "said Douglas.

"And I do not appreciate the amount of taxes to our children too, because what was at least interested in them out of it at all (now), which presented -. It is unique among its kind to benefit from a macabre to go way down on there for a while, I saw, felt by the paparazzi, "he said.

Be compromised as a cancer life, he developed a new look to family, and friends said.

"Suddenly, the love of my family, my friends and my fans I met in a much deeper level than he had presented to me," said Douglas. "He gave me a new appreciates the value, how valuable they are good friends and family. Not that I ignore them before, but there is a feeling much deeper.

"I talked to other cancer survivors about it ... really appreciate, really, what is important in life," he said.

Douglas himself had his three children some of his radiation treatments.

"Upon entering the room and saw all the Star Wars treatment around. And she saw the mask on your face because they must give to tighten, as Hannibal Lecter or something," he said.

They can target the right domain "intervened in Lauer.

"You can - just for the region," said Douglas "In this age it's good for them. I was mean. She found it great, you know, everyone in this age of space .. is why throughout the ages, as. Dad was lying on the sofa and could not get up. And patience is really appreciated. And we had a big party a few days ago when I learned that cancer is gone. "

Part of the interview will air Tuesday on "Today" and the full interview on Sunday on "Dateline NBC" air at 7 ET clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment