Friday, January 7, 2011

Oprah Winfrey

He could go very badly. Six days after the U.S. launch of its new cable network OWN (currently preview in Canada in the W and VIVA, before his release March 1), took Oprah Winfrey a banquet hall full of cynical journalists, skeptics of television - or, in his words, a " Wolf Pack "- and finally we were purring like kittens.
Winfrey is not a happy story with the Television Critics Association. The last time the talk of a new channel - a brief related to increased O women - it was a surprise last-minute no-show. We expect Oprah, who gave us balloons. The last time I came here in 2005 on behalf of his TV movie, Their Eyes Were Watching God were overshadowed his appearance after the sudden death of Johnny Carson, was a few minutes earlier.
And now there was not clean, perceived by some as the ultimate act of arrogance, at best, nonsense license. Bode not good when the first of several discs preview their own agenda: Finding Oprah for the next TV star, marched in A Chorus Line aspiring comic Winfrey and many openly angry.
His friend gal, Gayle King, and then falsely claimed that nepotism BFF not a factor in landing his own TV talk show.
Things began the research with the arrival of the intrepid reporter Lisa Ling on the floor when our America, the assessment selected by the clips to a name, if sometimes overly sentimental and sensational uncharacteristally the road seems to life documentary series.
However, the tension was palpable when with great fanfare, Winfrey finally the stage.
The unthinkable now seems possible - for the first time in his illustrious career, fail Oprah Winfrey. If too much about their saturation point? How Oprah finally?
And make no mistake, Oprah is OWN, though not on the screen. Warm and fuzzy sentimental, sentimental, happy, bright, aggressive and sometimes downright uplifting. . . In essence, The Oprah Winfrey Show, 24 hours a day in primary colors happy.
But the numbers, so little premature, do not lie. The network was opened on New Year's impressive to an audience of one million, but left the second day on 822 000, then dropped to 394,000, then 315,000.
Expect growing pains stresses Winfrey.
"I think we have some, you know, maybe difficult time with the channel stop, the people there and motivates people to continue to observe," he confessed. "It is our responsibility to let them know what will happen when and what is new and to get better jobs and more things and their attention.
"But we can do. We can do it, mainly because I think people want it and I think now there is no better time to do it. There is no better time.
"As now at this point I know that going in the future really only get better and there are enough people there is a critical mass of people -. We have yet to find any - they want something better to do better planning.
Oprah even one of them.
"I am very aware of energy (negative) that broadcasts all the time therefore. So far, I've never allowed in my house, unless it's something special that did you see, because I do not want that energy in my space come.
"I do not want it, when I at dinner. I do not like, if I'm in my bed. I want to control the energy that comes in my room.
"And one thing is for me is fundamental for our team to understand that the intention of this network to bring good energy, no matter what the programming in order to bring good energy to the best of themselves, do their best to programming to make to show their best. And this is how we work. "
Contrary to appearances, to leave as soon as the queen of the day cat keeps tight control of reality. Oprah's never been someone in error. From them also.
"Because I was on TV my whole life," he said, "I know that most TV programs are not started, the conference" How do you serve the viewer? How are they? If working for them do not work for me. "
"Obviously the notes are important. The numbers are important. They are not that important to me now, because it could be for you, and I know you know, that's what the people want to write about it. Well, here are the numbers , Turn Left "
"I'm not even worried about it. What concerns me is that people make the channel? And now that we do to be able to do this, we know that if we continue to build the channel program that it makes sense to our audience ... We listen, we react, what they like and dislike.
"That does not mean that every show will do. There are some shows that, even if they do not, I believe it anyway because I can, because I like, and again over time into them. But keep the connection with the public and hear what they have to say and operating exclusively in terms of how we serve ... I think we are more than good.
"It's like the old adage:" If you build it, they will come. "We believe that if they come to serve."
Women's credit, talks a good game. Sure, they talked for more than 25 years. And now, apparently enjoying on the other side of the conversation. The awareness session, TCA 45 minutes almost every Oprah monologue, interrupted only by the issue from time to time, really.
But the message was very clear and concise: You may not like what we have, but we still offer. And then we'll see. . .
"I am grateful that the first phase of what I really wanted to come," he said. "I'm glad you were not ashamed. I am glad that people come.
"We will never reach everyone. But at this point in my life, I try not to get all over the world. I'm not really. I'm not really. I'm trying to get only people who will listen, and they see want.
"And if not, I'm not talking to you. And it does not matter, because many people in the world. There is room for everyone."
Because when it comes to the end is still in the world of Oprah. We have just experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment